Every day, we utilize a variety of apps on our smartphones. There seems to be an app for everything these days, from chatting to a fitness tracker, language learning, and even banking and investment. App development has become a more relevant career option than ever before, thanks to the increasing usage of apps. App developers who can create user-friendly apps are in high demand, well-respected, and well-compensated for their work.
But you must be wondering at what age can I start working as an app developer?
The truth is that this popular job option has no age restrictions. You can start your app development career as a teenager; many teen app developers in India are well respected and well-compensated.
If you really want to be a successful teenage app developer, you must know –
- various skills required to become a teen app developer,
- career path to start your teenage app developer journey, and
- ways to gain experience
This article highlights the necessary skills required to become a teen app developer and a typical career path to becoming a successful teenage app developer in India.
What is a Teenage App Developer’s Job?
The word “app development” refers to the complete process of generating new mobile or desktop applications from scratch. An app developer is a person who works on the basic idea of the application, designs the application and is involved in the implementation of the application idea.
As a teen app developer, you’ll likely collaborate with teams of senior data engineers and graphic designers to produce quality applications for various clients. There are various types of teen app developers in India, differentiated based on application types:
Desktop teenage app developers
These app developers typically create apps for desktops and laptops. The majority of them are customized applications created to meet the specific requirements of a company. These applications are simple to use, safe, and effective. They are ideally suited for office settings because they run offline. Most businesses utilize desktop apps to speed up operations, improve performance, simplify synchronization, provide rapid data access, and most significantly, make their employees’ jobs easier. Companies also prefer desktop apps because they protect data from illegal access, which is a problem with most web apps.
Web teen app developers
Web applications, unlike desktop apps, offer the advantage of being accessible from anywhere in the world. They have the advantage of not requiring users to download and install, as users can easily use the app through web servers. Upgrades become easier in the future because you only have to upgrade the app on the server. Web teen app developers are expected to take extra caution regarding the application’s security, as easier access equals more chances of data leaks.
Mobile teen app developers
Mobile applications are something we use every day. They are user-friendly and simple to download. Mobile app developers build user-friendly mobile apps and work on various models of smartphones without any difficulty.
Now that we know the various types of teen app developers in India and the job of a typical app developer, let us talk about various skills required to be a successful teenage app developer.
What Skills Does it Take to Be a Successful Teen App Developer?
Various types of hard and soft skills are required to become a teen app developer:
- Creative and logical thinking: App developers frequently face figuring out how to make various functions work across several devices and operating systems. If you enjoy applying logical thinking to solve issues, this is the career for you.
- Designing skills: Though you are expected to work with a team of graphic designers and UX professionals, it is always advisable to have basic knowledge of app designing.
- Project management skills: App developers must possess project management skills as clients give a specific deadline to complete the whole project.
- Attentive: Even a small coding mistake might result in a disastrous user experience and the wrong app interface. You’ll need to quality-check both your own and your teammates’ work and pay attention to details.
- Curiosity: As the technology industry is very dynamic, mobile devices are constantly evolving, so apps must also evolve. You should enjoy learning and have a natural interest and curiosity in coding applications.
Various Ways to Learn App Development and Coding
There are various ways to learn app development and coding. You should pick an educational plan that fits your lifestyle. So, let’s take a look at the most common paths to learn to code and become a teen app developer:
- Graduation degree: A bachelor’s degree in computer science could be an excellent option if you’re new to app development and willing to spend four years on your studies. This path is suitable for an entry-level position, but it requires a significant amount of time and investment.
- Associate degree: This is quite similar to a bachelor’s degree. The only difference is that an associate degree is usually of two years. So, you can start your app development journey after two years of study.
- Self-learning: Many websites offer free online resources to help you learn to code, but the amount of material accessible might be intimidating for a beginner. Although many app developers are self-taught, a structured curriculum and degree or certification program is better for teenage app developers to learn to code.
- Bootcamps: One of the most popular learning options among app developers is boot camps. You’ll be able to learn at your pace in boot camps. While a bachelor’s degree and an associate’s degree provide academic information, boot camps believe in delivering the practical expertise most app developers desire.
- Certification programs: There are several online certification programs available to assist you in learning app development skills. Keep in mind that while this is an excellent way to learn to code, it may not be enough to help you develop all the necessary skills required for a long-term app developer career.
Now that you know the methods of learning app development and coding, let us discuss various ways to gain experience and a few tips to become a successful teen app developer in India.
Ways to Gain App Development Experience
There are several options for gaining practical experience and improving app development skills. These ways will provide you with the necessary experience while also aiding in building your resume and portfolio as a teen app developer.
- Volunteer: Various non-profit organizations are continuously searching for people with coding abilities. Contact such organizations, explain that you’re a budding teen app developer, and inquire how you might assist. It’s a good way to improve coding skills while also serving the community.
- Internships: Internships are a great way to get hands-on experience with app development. You can apply for online internships and use your coding skills while working from home. Don’t forget to ask for a referral letter or recommendation at the end of the internship.
- Hackathon: Virtual hackathons can help you learn and compete with other coders and interact with people in the same profession. Even if you’re not a competitive person, this is a fun opportunity to put your coding skills to the test and connect with other developers.
Tips to Become a Successful Teenage App Developer
We have already covered various aspects of app development and ways to become a teen app developer. So, here are a few tips to start your teenage app developer career as soon as possible:
- Start looking for online coding classes, and learn a few basics of coding before applying for a structured curriculum.
- Follow famous app development companies and teen app developers to get regular updates about this industry. You’ll be informed about how other teen app developers in India strengthen their skills and resolve complex code issues.
- Do proper preliminary research before starting a career as a teen app developer. This will help you focus on development areas in which you are interested.
- Take a look at some of the most popular free app development tools. This can assist you in gaining significant practical experience.
- Opt for internships and hackathons to get you to learn quickly and improve your app development and coding skills.
App development is a lucrative career opportunity for teenagers as the demand for web, mobile and desktop applications are currently at its peak. Teenage app developers are very well paid in India, so start learning coding skills from any of the mentioned ways. The best thing about coding is that you can practice it by creating apps for yourself. Then you can start pitching app development to non-profits organizations, local businesses, or even family and friends.
Don’t forget to use the tips mentioned in the article to become a successful teen app developer in India.
Start connecting with teens on the Uable app today!